Benefits of Eating Healthy
Importance of Eating Healthy
Healthy eating is one of the best ways to feel good about yourself inside and out and live longer. What you put in your body has a direct relationship to your overall health and wellness and this is not something to be taken lightly. Healthy eating improves your body’s overall functioning and will give you more energy. When you eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables you are lowering your risk of heart disease, cancers and many other serious health ailments. An added bonus of healthy eating is that you will improve your body’s appearance.
10 Tips of Healthy Eating
1. Record what you eat. Studies show that those who consistently write down the foods they eat consume less junk food and quickly get into a habit of eating a more balanced diet.
2. Aim for at least 5 servings of vegetables a day. Fruit intake should be no more than 2 – 3 due to the high sugar content.
3. Stop eating packaged foods! By cutting out packaged foods you are eliminating things like chips, candies, and other foods high in trans fats and sugar.
4. Cut out all fried foods. This means no more french fries, calamari, tempura or chips, among many other artery-clogging foods. Most people are less likely to go out to eat if they aren’t eating fried foods because the choices become quite limited.
5. Reduce your alcohol intake. There are some benefits to having the occasional glass of red wine but one or more drinks a day should not be part of your regular diet.
6. Cut out any and all fruit juices and pops (including diet drinks). Stick to water, tea or coffee (without cream or sugar). If you must drink juice consider buying a juicer and making your own vegetable juice.
7. Say no to sweets filled with sugar and butter. Instead of bringing a box of donuts to a meeting buy a fruit tray instead. If you can’t celebrate a birthday without a cake, search the internet for a healthy cake recipe.
8. If frozen treats are what you crave, don’t get out the ice cream! Freeze a tray of grapes instead or buy a popsicle tray and create your own frozen treats with bananas, yogurt and peanut butter.
9. Invest in a healthy cookbook. Truly healthy recipe books may be more expensive than your average cook book but that’s because a team of nutritionists, dieticians and chefs had to come together to find healthy alternatives to standard menu items. It’s not easy to come up with a tasty dessert that’s free of sugar or butter!
10. Start your day with a healthy breakfast: oatmeal, a smoothie or even a bowl of healthy cereal. Breakfast is so important to kick start your metabolism.
Trend for Eating Healthy Food
More and more members of society are becoming morbidly obese and are getting diseases and dying younger due to this extra weight. Unfortunately, many of those in the younger generations are almost forced into this same pattern of unhealthy eating that their parents taught them when they were growing up. The damage these parents are doing to their children is so great that some of them will already experiences diseases and become obese themselves before they have even graduated from high school. Some of the lucky ones will rise above the unhealthy eating patterns of their parents because of a strong desire not to turn out like their parents. These kids will do their research and choose a healthy lifestyle but it will not be easy for them.
Other Healthy Links:
Healthy diet meal plans
Healthy foods list