A perfect way to start your morning is with a high energy shake that is packed with essential fats, proteins, antioxidant-rich fruits and fiber. Not only are shakes an ideal meal to maintain energy and boost metabolic function for weight loss, they are also incredibly quick and easy to make. Just toss your favorite ingredients into a blender and presto – your meal is ready to eat! From peanut butter chocolate smoothies for chocolate lovers to tangy tropical delights – shakes are a winning breakfast food.
Consider the following tips to include optimal nutrition in your morning shake:
1. For shiny hair
2. Include your favorite fruits and vegetables for a hearty serving of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
3. Try to use frozen fruit within 2 or 3 weeks as the taste will alter the longer fruit stays in the freezer.
4. Looking for an energy boost? Add some green powder to your am shake to put some extra pep in your step.
5. Add water and/or soymilk to your shake for a liquid base. If you are looking to cut calories, avoid sugary fruit juices.
6. For a creamier shake, add a high quality yogurt.
7. Instead of ice cream, create healthy Popsicles by freezing smoothies made from yogurt.
8. To help keep calories down, use lowfat dairy products in your morning shake.
9. Try to drink your shake immediately after making it. Shakes tend to separate and change consistency when left to sit. If you have to make a morning shake in advance, toss it in the blender to mix it before drinking.
10. To prevent your blender from backing up, add liquid first, followed by solid ingredients.