Charts are a great way to help yourself become accountable. Get yours to print now.
1. Kidney Beans
2. LentilsLentils come in a few colors and shapes but are definitely one of those cheap, healthy alternatives to pasta that can help you lose weight due to its nutritional value. It is loaded with protein (incomplete), vitamin C, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and a good souce of carbohydrates.
3. Extra Lean Ground BeefGround beef can be purchased from any grocery store but is an extremely important part of any diet. While it's important to have red meat, it should be controlled to once every week. Red meat is a great source of creatine, iron, some b vitmains and most importantly a great source of protein. Please watch for the organic variety as many cattle are pumped with hormones and aren't always healthy when they are used for meat.
4. Feta Cheese
5. Fish Oil (UPDATE: Please read the latest study)
Get your progress log book now.
7. CucumbersCucumbers are one of those extremely important snacks because they are loaded with water, help keep you PH Neutral (they are basic), cheap, keep your mouth busy and are a source of vitamin K. While there are more important veggies to get like your bright orange ones, cucumbers shouldn't be discounted for weight loss as they are light on calories and when applied to your eyes after a long day on the computer make your eyes feel great.
Also see Negative Calorie Foods
9. Steel Cut Oats
10. Green and Black TeasAlong with green tea, black and ribose tea are LOADED with antioxidants and help increase your metabolism. Don't forget to drink enough water throughout the day as it does dehydrate you.
Getting a customized meal plan created for you will help suit your needs but if you can't get one made we have a great sample.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
Chicken breast should be a staple in anyones diet. It's lean, easy to make and you can find it cheap at the local supermarket. I prefer the bonless, skinless kind because it takes extra time to skin/debone it.
12. Chicken Breast
Learn Circuit Training
It's a great way to save time and keep your heart rate elevated throughout your workout.
Top 4 Food Timing Tips
Making sure that you eat these foods at the best times will also help you lose weight.
1. After workout carbohydrates
You should be eating most of your simple sugar carbohydrates after your workouts.
2. Protein can be eating at any time
You can have protein throughout the day at anytime. You should be ingesting 20-30 grams of protein at each session 4 times per day.
3. Eat a lot of fibre and nutrient dense foods
These foods will help you stay full longer and provide your body a good environment for weight loss.
4. Avoid foods that will spike your insulin
These foods like soft drinks, pizzas and a huge bowl of pasta won't help you stay at your optimal level of concentration or will it give you motivation to workout at a gym.
Log or Journal
While food is extremely important to help you lose weight so is keeping a log of your intake. When you ingest bad food it will remind you of those and help you stick to the plan. Logs are also great for your excercise or weight training.
Weight Loss Tips
Need other helpful tips to losing weight? Check out our complete article on 71 weight loss tips and secrets.