Cellulite is definitely the most frustrating fat on your body. It can be ugly and difficult to get rid of. Since cellulite is a side effect of having a higher percentage of body fat in any certain area (thighs, arms, back, legs) a lot of people try and reduce their cellulite with creams and other expensive methods.
One of the most effective ways is to reduce your overall body fat percentage and the skin will appear tighter with less fatty deposits.
- Since we know that cellulite CANNOT be permanently reduced with: massage (Source), mesotherapy (Source), and liposuction (Source)
- There is some evidence that certain aftermarket products/treatments may work such as:
- Three step laser treatments (Source)
- Fat reducing supplements such as CLA (Source) and Green Tea
- Certain creams containing: retinol (may increase blood flow), caffeine and ruscogenine (Source)
- We do know is the severity of cellulite and BMI are related. The higher the BMI, the more severe the cellulite.
What Exercises Can you Do?
When choosing cellulite exercises we need to think of the biggest muscle groups to spike our growth hormone which helps increase our metabolism for days to come. We have listed the muscle groups here to focus on.
Legs - Powerful legs are extremely important since they are the bodys biggest muscle group.Chest- Chest muscles are also important because your chest is the biggest upper body muscle within the body.
Back - Chest and back are large muscles and must be worked on .
Shoulders- Many people neglect shoulders but they are also important as they can increase the functional uses of our muscles. Shoulders are used in any pulling or pushing action. If you start to feel any pain make sure you stop and continue on later when it stops hurting.
Abdominals - Abdominals should not be overtrained but are important to increase your overall core strength.
Most Important Compound Exercises For Cellulite Reduction
Jump Squats - Squats are extremely improtant, this uses your entire lower body.
Deadlifts Exercise - Deadlifts work on entire body.
Bench Press Exercise
Wood Choppers Exercise - This exercise will help with your core muscles and hopefully increase your musculature around your abdomen.