The inner thigh is part of the quadriceps which is one of the largest muscle groups in the body.
The function of the quadriceps is for knee extension and hip flexion. The origin of the quadriceps attach onto the illiac spine of the ilium and the lateral, anterior and medial surface of the femur.
The quadriceps insert onto the patellar tendon of the tibia.
Training and Notes
- Inner thigh training is a difficult topic; specifically targetting your inner thighs isn't recommended as most people aren't actually wanting to increase the size of their inner thighs when they do inner thigh training.
- You should always train your quadriceps as a whole during a compound exercise first before focusing on inner thighs.
- Click for an FAQ
You need to reduce your overall body fat percentage. This may take time and determination but we have just the book for you. It's free and called the ultimate weight loss bible. It has all the tools and tricks that you'll need. No catch.
It all depends on your goal. The following recommendations are broken down by your goal:
- If your goal is to reduce the size of your inner thighs you will need to lose body fat which will eventually reduce the size of your inner thighs.
- If your goal is a sporting one then you can target it as it will help with many actions. Most specifically a hockey stride, the breast stroke (swimming) or sprinting speed.
A good thigh fat busting workout would be to focus on burning as much fat as you can so a circuit training routine mixed in with HIIT. This would be an example.
- Incline Dumbbell Press JUMP TO ->
- Lat Pulldown (To Failure) JUMP TO ->
- Jump Squats (15 Reps) JUMP TO ->
- REST for 2 minutes and then start over for three sets.
- When you have completed the above you can focus on doing 10 sets of 30 seconds at max intensity of stationary bicycle and then 90 seconds of resting. Once you have completed 10 sets then you can start isolating muscle groups that you wanted to do.