|Weight Room Etiquettte|
|By Eric Knight CPT, HBa Kin|
Weight Room Etiquette
For many of you, this might be your first time using a weight room. This might even be your first time using a weight room in general. Therefore, there may be some questions or concerns about proper weight room etiquette. Here are some examples of what to do and what not to do:
· Please put the weights back after use. Don’t always assume that the next person is as strong as you. As well, when plates are left on bars or benches, it appears that it is still in use.
· Please wipe down benches after use. There are spray bottles and rags spread out throughout the weight room.
· Please be aware of other people waiting to use the machine or bench you are currently on. Therefore, don’t spend 30min sitting on a bench having a conversation with your friend.
· Please let other people work in with you. This helps prevent people waiting for machines and it is a great way for meeting new people.
· Please don’t feel that you have to scream throughout your set in order to get a good workout. It is distracting to most people around you. The same holds true when you bang weights together.
· And be sure to follow the rules and regulations set by the gym.
By following these basic guidelines, your experience in the weight room will better enjoyed by you and our other members.
Workout and Exercise Log - $12 CDN